Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Sunshine and Puddles

Two weeks ago I challenged the Prettie Girls to bust out their texture-y stuff! However Prima flowers and ribbon don't count - they had to use something else! :)

For my card I used some cork drawer liner that I had lying around as well as some extra pretty velvet paper by S.E.I. Nicey nice! For the main image I used the smiling sun from Rainy Day Friends. I paired it with a cute sentiment from the same set.

Ready to see what the rest of the Prettie Girls used for texture? I thought so! You can find details on their challenge cards at their blogs:
Charmaine Ikach
Christi Thorsen
Frances Byrne
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jana Weaver
Jessica Diedrich
Jessica Rone
Jillian Winters
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse

Here's a closeup of the cork and velvet paper (the sunny shade towards the back). Kind of difficult to see the texture of the velvet in the picture, but trust me it is there! :)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Rainy Day Friends. Paper: Kraft, Basic Black, PTI Select White, The Green Stack designer (DCWV), Velvet - Autumn Collection (S.E.I.). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers. Other: Cork drawer liner (Duct), adhesive rhinestones (HeroArts), black brads (Recollections), Circle Nesties (Spellbinders), dimensionals, Summer Sunrise Swiss Dots Ribbon (PTI), 1 3/8" square punch.

8 comments:

  1. How cool!!! Love the cork and velvet - great card Danielle!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...you are too cool for words! Cork! GENIUS idea! AWesome card Miss D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card...the cork looks way cool! And I love your beautifully colored sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How aswesome is this??? I think we're all in agreement here that you ROCK!!! LOVE the cork, velvet, and the bling. What a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, you ROCK! The cork looks awesome! Great card, Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)