Monday, February 2, 2009

A scrapbook page?!

Don't faint, but yes I did make a scrapbook page and... gasp... there is no stamping on it! Are you all right? The fall from your chair didn't hurt too much did it? :)

This is my niece Stephanie and she is attempting to ignore me and my camera by playing a game on her Nintendo DS. Guess what? It didn't work! I not only took the picture but then made a complete pest of myself! LOL!

Details: the page is 12" x 12" and the base is a piece of Sage Shadow textured cardstock that I sponged/smeared a bit of Whisper White craft ink and heat set. I then cut a stripe of black/white dotted designer paper on which I added a scalloped edge to the bottom. Would you believe that this paper is actually from a Halloween line by My Mind's Eye? It is and it just worked perfectly for this very non-ghoulish page. :)

I cut a 11" strip of Not Quite Navy cardstock and paper pierced the bottom edge before adhering to the page. Around these layers I knotted a piece of black satin ribbon from PaperTrey Ink. I matted the picture of Stephanie on Basic Black cardstock before adhering to the page and added a title using some glittery black chipboard letter Thickers by American Crafts. The journaling was done with a Dymo label maker.

To accent the page I die cut some swirls using the Doodle Parts by Spellbinders. I then randomly inked the die cuts with VersaMark, coated with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat set. I also sponged some Not Quite Navy on the edges for a more distressed appearance. I adhered my doodle parts to the page and finished by sewing a Prima flower and button to the corner of the picture with linen thread.

What do you think? Is it worthy of being added to a scrapbook album? Hee... I think I may need to hide this page from my mom! :)

Paper: Sage Shadow Textured, Not Quite Navy, Basic Black, designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Whisper White Crafte, Not Quite Navy Classic, VersaMark. Other: Dymo label maker and black label tape, Painterly Prints flower (Prima), Doodle Parts (Spellbinders), button (Making Memories), Iridescent Ice embossing powder, sponge, mat pack, paper piercer, linen thread, Thickers (American Crafts).

4 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)