Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Tweety Bird Sunday

I stamped a bit this weekend and this is one of the projects that I made: a cute little birdie shaker box. I do like my shaker boxes!

Quick notes: I built a shaker box the back of which is a piece of PTI Select cardstock that I stamped a bird and flowers from A Little Birdie Told Me on and then colored with Copic markers. The front is a Tangerine Tango frame I created by using the Large Scalloped Rectangle and Large Rectangle Nestabilities. I adhered a piece of acetate over the opening to create a window. I then adhered the front and back layers together with foam dimensional tape (adding the beads before fulling closing). I cut two of the scallops off at the top and wrapped ribbon around the shaker and knotted. I cut/embossed a cirlce from Apricot Appeal cardstock with a Circle Nestabilitie and stamped the sentiment on that. The rest was just a matter of layering some cardstock and paper, adding a bit of paper piercing for accent... and some rhinestones too! Finished card size is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me. Paper: Apricot Appeal, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, PTI Select White, Sunrise Stripe designer (Around the Block). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Summer Sunrise Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon, Neutral Beads, Large Scalloped Rectangle, Large Rectangle and Circle Nestabilities (SpellBinder), acetate, adhesive rhinestones (Hero Arts), dimensional foam tape, mat pack, paper piercer.

4 comments:

  1. A very "tweet" card, Danielle! I love the color combo... and the shaker box. I've been thinking about shaker boxes lately, and you've just convinced me to do a few! I've been saving up the edges of my Dimensionals just for this purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Danielle! I love shaker cards - haven't made one in forever. Yours is really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute love the shaker box great job
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)