Sunday, February 8, 2009

What's hanging on your wall?

Well, this project that I made a few days ago will soon be hanging on mine... once I figure out where to put it. Either that or I will have to find it another home. :)

Notes: Each panel is a 4" x 6" piece of mat board that I adhered designer paper to. The paper is from the Black & White Basics designer pad by PTI. I sprayed the paper with Merlot Glimmer Mist and heat set. I'm lovin' the soft shimmer that the paper now has!

To connect the squares I used one inch wide strips of Basic Black cardstock. I actually doubled up these strips for extra sturdiness. For the handle I punched a hole in each of the top two panels and set a silver jumbo eyelet using my Crop-a-dile. I then shaped a piece of silver wire (from the floral department at a craft store) and threaded through the holes.

To decorate I cut/embossed a large scalloped rectangle from Always Artichoke cardstock. I then cut/embossed two rectangles using the Large and Small Rectangle Nesties. On the smaller panels I stamped a row of images from the PTI set Guide Lines in Perfect Plum Classic ink. Next I inked chipboard letters from Rusty Pickle with Bravo Burgundy Craft ink, covered with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat set. I then added either ribbon of a layered flower to each panel for decoration and adhered the chipboard letters in place with a liquid glue. The final touch was to add some clear adhesive rhinestones.

Layered Flower - I actually sprayed the flowers with the same Glimmer Mist I applied to the designer paper. The flowers weren't quite the *right* colors so this did he trick of making them match the rest of the layout perfectly. I also distressed the buttons by spraying with yet more Glimmer Mist and heat setting to dry which made for a neat effect. I so need more Glimmer Mist - I only have the one color right now but I'm thinking I need more! :)

Close up of the flower... and you just may be able to see the shimmer on the designer paper.

Hope you like it! And I promise my next post will be a card! Really! :)

All images copyright PTI. Stamps: Guide Lines (PTI). Paper: Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Pale Plum, Basic Black, Black & White Basics designer (PTI). Ink: Bravo Burgundy Craft, Perfect Plum Classic. Other: chipboard letters (Rusty Pickle), Ripe Avacado Swiss Dots Satin ribbon (PTI), Rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Merlot-Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Large Scalloped Rectangle, Large Rectangle and Small Rectangle Nesties (Spellbinders), Painterly Prints - Harmony flowers (Prima), 4"x6" mat boards (Clear Bags), wire, Wassail Buttons (Basic Grey), linen thread, dimensionals, Large silver eyelets (We R Memory Keepers), Iridescent Ice embossing powder, heat tool.

7 comments:

  1. what a wonderful wall hanging to have on your wall ... hope you find a place to hang it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! When you said that you used mat board, is that chip board? I bought some pieces of chip board that I could cut down to 6"x4". And did you find that doubling the black cardstock is sturdy enough? I just might have to case your project! It's something that could be hanging on the wall all year round, not just around Valentine's day! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great and creative wall hanging love it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! what a great project to hang on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and if you want I can hang it over at my house!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! if you can't find a spot for it, I'll take it off your hands. lol! this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)