Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Birds are Back in Town

You know it is almost Spring when the chirping of birds wakes you in the morning! To celebrate the return of the birds I made this quick and easy card using the Kim Hughes Mocha Chica set. I must admit that I really really wanted to add ribbon... but I resisted! :)

Quick notes on the main image: I stamped the branch in Chocolate Chip Classic ink on white cardstock and then airbrushed the background using a couple Copic markers. Next I stamped the birdie on a scrap of white cardstock, colored with some different shades of red and cut out. I added a little rhinestone over the eye. I sponged the edge with Creamy Caramel Classic ink, paper pierced and layered on Chocolate Chip cardstock.

For the sentiment I stamped "hello" from the same set on another piece of white cardstock and trimmed adding a flag look to the end. I then sponged with more Creamy Caramel and attached to my card with a dimensional in the middle. I then added the three buttons by sewing them in place with linen thread (through the designer paper and Chocolate Chip layers).

All images copyright Cornish Heritage Farms. Stamps: Mocha Chica (Kim Hughes line). Paper: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, PTI Select White, Parisian Specialty designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip Classic, Creamy Caramel Classic, Copic markers. Other: buttons (PTI), linen thread, dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer, Copic airbrushing system, rhinestone (KaiserCraft).

4 comments:

  1. cute card, Danielle. I have to tell you everytime you mention your air brush system, I think of the story you shared with us at Convention about your dad and how he enabled you to get it. LOL! Love that bird and branch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)