Monday, March 2, 2009

Keepin' Track of Time

Do you likee? I made this for Jessie and now that she has received it I can finally share it with you! Sometimes it is soooo difficult to not share everything immediately. Secrets... I'm not good with them!!! ;)

I started with a 9" x 9" chipboard clipboard from SU! (sadly they have discontinued this size) and covered with some designer paper I picked up from one the big craft stores. I adhered it to the chipboard with Perfect Paper Adhesive (like Mod Podge - think I spelt that correctly).

Next I cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock and wheeled with the So Swirly Jumbo wheel - the only stamping on this whole project! I paper pierced and sponged the edges and then sewed several buttons and Prima flowers to the cardstock with linen thread. I knotted a piece of ribbon around the cardstock and then adhered the piece to the chipboard with super sticky adhesive. Next I coated a chipboard letter with Regal Rose Craft ink, coated with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat set. Once dry the letter was layered over Certainly Celery cardstock and added to the chipboard with dimensionals. At this point I added a few rhinestones for even more sparkle!

The final task to decorate the chipboard was to add a layered mat made out of Regal Rose and Bravo Burgundy cardstock. This was also adhered to the clipboard with yet more super sticky adhesive (like red line tape).

Last step was to print off a calendar since the clipboard needs to hold something! Otherwise it would feel a bit naked!

I saved a pdf of my 2008 Calendar to 4Shared.com if you would like to download a copy. Simply print on 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock and cut into 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" quarters. March - December are still useable. :)

Here is what the clipboard looks like with the calendar. It could also be used to display cards, pictures or other pretty stuff! :)

Stamps: So Swirly Jumbo Wheel. Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, polka dot designer (???), PTI Select White. Ink: Old Olive Classic, Regal Rose Craft, Regal Rose Classic. Other: flowers (Prima), buttons (Making Memories), Summer Sunrise Swiss Dot Satin ribbon (PTI), rhinestones (Hero Arts), Chipboard letter, linen thread, mat pack, paper piercer, Perfect Paper Adhesive (USArtQuest), dimensionals, 9"x 9" chipboard.

6 comments:

  1. It's MINE all MINE!!!
    MWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one gorgeous project. Love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky duck Jessie! This is fabulous, Danielle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a question for you, how do you cover the chipboard with the clip in the way? Do you remove the clip?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so adorable!! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would really like to know how you put your paper under the clip....I have a hard time figure this out with the clip in the way....
    anniebeaudoin@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)