Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pretties Thursday: Color Combo with a Twist

This week's Pretties challenge is to make a card using the provided color combo. The twist? Is that you get to pick the third mystery color!

Note: if you do not have Regal Rose or So Saffron just choose similar colors.

How to Enter:
make your card using the provided color combo and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s). Upload the card to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC43.

Deadline: midnight on Wednesday, March 18th.

Prize*: $5.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique.

The winner will be randomly selected from among the qualifying entrants and announced after the contest has ended.

For my card I picked Pretty in Pink as the mystery color! For the So Saffron I dug through my collection of retired Stampin' Up! paper (of which I have way too much) and pulled out this pretty paper with a subtle leaf pattern. Sadly I haven't a clue as to the name of the line... oh I'm such a bad blogger! Hee hee! I then used my sewing machine to stitch it onto a Kraft mat.

Next I cut a couple different pieces of pink cardstocks and used my new edger punch and then accented by sewing on buttons and adding some rhinestones. I'm kind of regretting the rhinestones - I think they may just be a little too much. LOL! :)

I then stamped Sophia and colored with Copic markers before paper piercing and matting on first Regal Rose and then Kraft. I've had a few people ask me for some coloring tips for the Sophias using Copics. I'll work on some quick tutorials sometime in the near future... I have another project or two to finish first though! :)

For a final touch I added just a touch of glitter to my card... just the eggs, ribbons, shoes... oh and the eyelets on her apron!

Happy stamping!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Hippity Hoppity Sophia. Paper: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Kraft, PTI Select White, designer paper (retired SU!). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Atyou Spica pens. Other: sewing machine, white thread, mat pack, paper piercer, large oval punch, dotted waves edger punch (EK Success), rhinestones (KaiserCraft), buttons (PTI), linen thread, dimensionals.

7 comments:

  1. Danielle, You MUST do a coloring tutorial! Your images just makes my jaw drop every time. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW! Fun embellies with the buttons, rhinestones, paper piercing, etc. Great color mix!! Smiles... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoWZERS girlie!! This is a STUNNAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute cute!!!! Can't wait for the tutorial!!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! A Copic Tutorial!! Your card is darling, Danielle! Love the buttons and your stitching!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)