Monday, April 13, 2009

Cluck Cluck!!

I spent a bit of time in my craft room stamping yesterday... just a little bit but it was enough to make another birthday card using this super cute chicken stamp!

I went with a bright and cheery color scheme and paired the paper with some fun buttons, embossing and ribbon. Lots and lots of texture for this card! The chicken was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Copic markers. I added sponging to all of the layers and a bit of paper piercing.

And a closeup of the cake... I colored with Copics and then applied a layer of Ranger Crackle Accents and let dry. The picture doesn't do it justice... too much glare. I really need to work on my picture taking setup - I do believe I need a second light source... especially since I usually take my pictures at night time. Not that you can tell that from when I post my projects, right? Nothing like midnight bloggin! ;)

All images copyright Whipper Snapper. Stamps: Birthday Cake Chicken, 29 Again (Anna Wight Cling set). Paper: Marigold Morning (retired), Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, PTI Select White, Old World Mat Stack (DCWV). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, More Mustard Classic, Riding Hood Red Classic. Other: Crackle Accents (Ranger), Eyelet Border punch, large oval punch, buttons (Making Memories), mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Summer Sunrise polytwill ribbon (PTI), linen thread, Tiny Mosaic Texture Cuttlebug embossing folder.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card... so cute!!! I struggle w/ picture taking as well as I take most pics at night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring of the image is really pretty! Love it! Hugs, Dannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear, that is when I do my best work too, lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)