Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

At the last Paper Pretties Pajama party Charmaine challenged everyone to make an Easter treat! I thought today would be the perfect day to share the little tin that I decorated.

I started with an 8 oz square clear top tin and covered the base with some Good Morning Sunshine designer paper. Just a note: the lid will not fit on over paper so leave the top 1/2" of the bottom uncovered. I punched another strip of the designer paper with a Fleur De Lis edge punch and adhered to the base. After that I added some rhinestones - 1 per fleur de lis.

For the top I covered the outside edge with some polytwill ribbon. I stamped Ballerina Sophia on PTI Select white and colored with Copic markers before diecutting with a Nestie circle die. I layered her on a slightly larger petite scalloped circle in Chocolate Chip and then added 3 clear crystal brads. This matted image was then adhered to the outside of the tin top with dimensionals. To finish I painted some Shimmerz onto Sophia's tulle skirt.

For the inside of the lid I adhered a petitie scalloped circle in Summer Sun with dimensionals (make sure they don't show through to the other side. I then stamped the sentiment on PTI Select white, die cut and mounted on a petite scalloped circle in Chocolate Chip. Like the front of the tin I added some clear crystal bards and adhered to the tin with dimensionals.

Hope you enjoyed todays project and that you have had a fabulous Easter! :)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Sophia Ballerina. Paper: Good Morning Sunshine designer, PTI Select White, Summer Sun Chocolate Chip. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, copic markers. Other: Golden Wheat Shimmerz, Petite Scalloped circle and Circle nesties, clear crystal brads, rhinestones, fleur de lis punch (Ek Success), summer sunrise twill (PTI), dimensionals. Plus some Dove caramel chocolates! :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Danielle! I'm craving a little candy myself today! LOL. I was good yesterday..not sure how much longer I can hold out ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)