Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Bright and Patriotic!

Two weeks ago I challenged the Prettie Girls to make a non-A2 sized card. The majority of the time I make A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") cards but every once of the time I like to switch it up just a bit! :)

For my card I used an 3 1/4" x 6" card base made from Aqua Mist cardstock and the soon to be released Lady Liberty Sophia. I colored Sophia with Copic markers and accented her crown with a gold glitter pen. I had to make her look real... I just couldn't color the whole image mint green! Just couldn't! Also, I was in the mood for bright and cheerful colors so I added some bright Raspberry Fizz designer paper from PTI. So what do you think of Sophia? Do you LOVE her?

Are you ready for more Paper Pretties goodness and maybe a few sneak peeks? If so, check out the rest of the Paper Pretties:
P.S. I just wanted to remind you about the Cutie Pie Contest! You have until Thursday April 30th at 8pm CDT to get your entries uploaded to the Cutie Pie gallery at the Paper Pretties website. The winner will not only get to call themselves a Cutie Pie, but they will also receive all the new release stamps!! Best Wishes!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Lady Liberty Sophia (Paper Pretties).
Paper: Pink Pirouette (SU!), Aqua Mist and Select White (PTI), Raspberry Fizz - Bitty Dot Basics designer (PTI).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Gold Copic AtYou Spica pen.
Other: adhesive rhinestones (Me & My Big Ideas), Pink satin ribbon (May Arts), large oval punch, dimensionals.

7 comments:

  1. How sweet is she, Danielle!? Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute Danielle!! :) Love the pinK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo super cute! I LOVE the bright colors-they are so fun and summery! I can't wait for this release! wink wink ;0) You are gonna ROCK IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet!!!! I love this layout and the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS Danielle! These colors are simply FABULOUS with her and I LOVE the pop of bling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling!! I love her sparkly crown!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)