Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Trying Something New

So you ever make a card and just love how it turned out? Well, I really really like this one! I think it is the colors and maybe its warm weather vibe!

But you didn't come here for the gushing... or maybe you did?! :) Hee... anyways I made this for Jana's challenge from two weeks ago to try a new technique... a new technique... yikes! Splitcoast to my rescue. I surfed their resource page and found a tutorial called Crimped Envelope Pocket Card. Perfect!

I wonder what the rest of the Prettie Girls tried? Are you also curious? If so surf on over to their blogs (but first finish checking out my card):

Charmaine Ikach
Christi Thorsen
Frances Byrne
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jana Weaver
Jessica Diedrich
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse
Jessica Rone

But back to my card... here is the pocket insert! Purty, right? :) Oh and notice the little bit of orange? Yeah, I don't use that color very often! ;)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Soakin' Up the Sun (Paper Pretties), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (SU!). Paper: PTI Select White, Cool Caribbean (retired), Apricot Appeal, Whisper White envelope. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cool Caribbean Classic (retired), Copic markers. Other: buttons (PTI), linen thread, green satin ribbon (May Arts), mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, paper crimper, vintage brads.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!!! LOVE every bit of this masterpiece Danielle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! I am still on stamping :( Not even have a copic marker yet! But.. will try out soon! Looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...and the envelope is way cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally awesome Danielle! I'd be thrilled too if it came from me! That's what this crafty stuff is all about... the great feeling of hitting a home run with your creation.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)