Saturday, April 11, 2009

So Blue for You!

Spring that is! I'm ready for warmer temperatures and Spring flowers! In the meantime (while sitting here shivering and wearing a sweater)... here is a sweet and simple card that I made with a recently purchased Anna Wight cling set: Fish Friends. :)

Quick notes: I stamped the main image twice and colored both. I airbrushed the background of the first image (blue sky and green grass) and then from the second image cut out the flower top and the leaf. The cutout pieces were adhered over the first image with dimensionals.

For the matting I used some pretty Wild Asparagus designer paper. The green layer is actually the back side of the patterned paper. After cutting all of the layers I destressed all of them with a edge distressing tool. To accent the card I used some Twill Tape and a Kraft Corduroy brad. I love those corduroy buttons and brads... now if only I could quit hoarding them!

Hope you have enjoyed the Spring-y card and that you are having a fabulous Easter weekend!

All images copyright Whipper Snapper. Stamps: Fish Friends Anna Wight Cling Set. Paper: Kraft, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, PTI Select White, Wild Asparagus desinger (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Kraft Corduroy brad, large oval punch, Dotted Wave edge punch (EK Success), Twill Tape, dimensionals, edge distressor, air brush system.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet image (gorgeous coloring, Danielle!) and amazing card! Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love that image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)