Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hoot Hoot Happy!

I received this owl set a week or so ago and finally had some time to play with it last night! Nothing like new stamps to motiviate me to visit the crafty room!

For the first card I used the CAS (Clean And Simple) sketch posted to SplitCoast for this week. I wasn't aware of this sketch until I saw THIS eye-catching card by Kristin. Wow! I loved everything about her card and the layout was so much fun that I had to try my hand at it.

Recipe:
Stamps: Owl Together Now (Stampin' Up!.
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Kraft, Summer Sunrise (PTI).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Other: mat pack, paper piercier, button (Making Memories), striped ribbon (May Arts), dimensionals, 1" circle punch.

Since I had my new stamp set at hand I decided to make another quick and fast card. I stamped the limb and then an owl on top of it. However I wasn't quit happy with how the feet overlapped the branch so I stamped the owl a second time on PTI Select White cardstock, colored with Copics and trimmed. I then adhered the second owl over the first with a dimensional. That fixed the feet! :)

I added just a touch of sparkle to the rims of the eyes with a Copic Spica pen (I really really like these pens - although I think I need a new clear one).
I'm thinking this will be the perfect b-day card for my dad. Now just to find a gift to go with it! :D

Recipe:
Stamps: Owl Together Now (Stampin' Up!).
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, PTI Select White, Periphery designer (Basic Grey).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Orange AtYou Spica Pen (Copic).
Other: mat pack, paper piercer, gingham ribbon (May Arts), dimensionals, 1 1/4" circle punch.

3 comments:

  1. Aha! I see you didn't allow the paper to overtake your cas card this time, lol! Fantastic owl cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super super cute, i love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Danielle, I LOVE these. gotta love those owls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)