Saturday, May 2, 2009

Moving... Moving!

JUST A REMINDER: Blog candy available on THIS POST!

I said I would be back with a card set and this is it! I made this with my sister-in-law in mind. My brother and his wife (and kiddos) are buying a house and I though the sil could use a couple of cards to mail to family and or friends! If I gave them to my brother I think they would just collect dust! :) He can take a peek at them though! LOL!

I'll start with the packaging. After making the cards I thought a pretty container to hold them was in order. I started with a Crystal Clear Box (purchased from clearbags.com) and wrapped a piece of designer paper around the bottom half and adhered in place. I then decorated the box so that it has the same feel and look as the cards. However I used the Congrats sentiment since this is basically my card to her.

I then filled the decorated box with four cards. I used the same design on all of the cards except switched up the image I stamped just a bit. Two cards have the moving boxes and the other two have the cute little moving van (I just love that van!).

Here is a picture of one of the cards with the moving van.

If you are wondering - yes, I did sew the buttons in place using a bit of linen thread. I just cannot leave buttonholes naked... they look so lonely that way. I know - WEIRD! :)

Finally - here is a shot of the set all together. I just need to add four envelopes and it will be all set!

Supplies:
Stamps: Home Sweet Home (Paper Pretties).
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, PTI Select White, Abbey Road designer (BoBunny).
Ink: black, Copic markers.
Other: white buttons (PTI), linen thread, Alpine Ribbon Originals (retired SU!), dimensionals and foam adhesive, mat pack, paper piercer, clear card container, large oval punch.

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card set! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great! What size box did you use from clearbags.com? I need to make some teacher gifts for a friend and I think this would be a great gift, just make it teacher-themed! Awesome job!

    Joy
    www.tamikos.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of card, love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome set of cards Danielle! Loving these new images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This set is awesome Danielle! (and btw) I feel exactly the same about buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling set, Danielle! Love the DP!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO darn cute Danielle!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift with your AWESOME new set!! They will loveit!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)