Monday, May 25, 2009

Pink and Brown challenge

I've been playing in a challenge or two over at Stampin' Out Alzheimer's site! This first card is for one of the challenges that the fab Jodi is cohosting: to use brown and pink and exactly two embellishments. I of course had to use ribbon and some pretty buttons! :)


Quick notes: I stamped the flower from One of Kind in Chocolate Chip Classic ink three times on Pretty in Pink and another three times on Pink Piroutte. I trimmed the flower parts and sprayed with Glimmer Mist. I sponged the edges with more Chocolate Chip Classic ink. To finish I sewed buttons to the inner flowers and adhered the layers using dimensionals.


Here is a closeup so you can see how the flowers glimmer. The are even more sparkly up close and in person! The background paper is some extra sparkly butterfly paper by SEI... very very pretty!

Recipe:
Stamps: One of a Kind (SU!), 29 Again Anna Wight Cling set (Whipper Snapper). Paper: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Jolie Chocolat designer (SEI). Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic. Other: Word Window punch, Soft pink butons (Rusty Pickle), Snow Angel, Sherbet and Cherry Limeade Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), dimensionals, linen thread, mat pack, paper piercer, May Arts ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Danielle! Love the layered sparkling flowers! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card :) I like it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! I always love these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... Thanks so much for sharing!
    You are very talented! And your work is amazing!

    I thought, since you like crafts... you might enjoy this website, in order to store all your craft supplies and keep your stuff organized.

    Just visit: TheOriginalScrapbox
    You should check it out!
    They have amazing stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)