Monday, May 11, 2009

Simple and Shimmery

Lately I seem to be in a mood to make everything sparkle! It might have something to do with the brand new bottles of Shimmer Mist I added to my collection recently! :)

For this shimmery card I tock a piece of black and white designer paper from PTI and sprayed it with Riptide Glimmer Mist. Since I'm the impatient type I zapped it with my heat tool so it would dry fast! Next I stamped a butterfly from Verve on PTI Select White cardstock and colored with Copic markers. But something was missing... yes, more sparkle is needed! This time I used Angel Wings Shimmerz that was painted onto the colored butterfly and then set aside to dry - luckily Shimmerz has a very quick setting time! Woot!

To finish I added a sentiment, some satin-y black ribbon and a bit more bling! It ended up being a very quick card to make. So what do you think? Too much sparkle? ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Fluttery By (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Basic Black, PTI Select White, Black & White Basics Designer (PTI).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Other: Labels One Nestabilities, Adhesive Rhinestones (Me & My Big Ideas), black satin ribbon (May Arts), Angel Wings Shimmerz, Riptide Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Danielle! I love the butterfly trail you created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love everything about this card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)