Saturday, May 30, 2009

Trip Notes

I found some really nice little books at Michael's in the dollar bin. They came with a monogram on the front cover but that is easy enough to cover! I turned the first notebook into a Trip Notes book... perfect for jotting down all the places you've been and seen while traveling.

To decorate the notebook I crocheted a flower using some DMC pearl thread (took a few tries before I found a flower pattern that I liked!). I then paired the flower with some green buttons from Rusty Pickle and fun chipboard Thickers. For the cityscape I stamped an image from MFT on Kraft paper and dabbed all the little windows with Platinum Stickles.

And here is the flower up close - I'm loving these flowers and need to make more! Hopefully you won't get sick of seeing them. :)
Recipe:
Stamps: Going Places (MFT), Rough Edges Alphabet (SU!). Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Fun in the Sun mat stack (DCWV). Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, lime buttons (Rusty Pickle), linen thread, Spring Moss swiss dot satin, small oval, Platforms Thickers (American Crafts), Platinum Stickles, dimensionals, DMC thread (used to crochet flower).

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I've been searching for a good crocheted flower pattern. Did you find it online? Do you mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers! What a darling little book and such a great idea! These things never come to me when I'm staring at all of those $1 items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love that flower! Great idea for a little journal too... i'm sure SLC 2008 is in there, eh?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you seriously make that flower......I envy you!! Totally gorgeous Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome journal. Love the little flower. Where did you find the pattern? Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea on the book, Danielle! I'd be interested in the crocheted flower patter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the BOMB! And just so you know, I will NEVER get sick of those flowers...they are AWESOME girlie!!! I need to figure out how to make those (yeah...like THAT is ever going to happen!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)