Sunday, June 7, 2009

Crocheted Flowers Q&A

Hi crafty peeps!

I've had a couple questions on the crocheted flowers that I have been using on my cards lately and thought I would take a couple of minutes and answer them for all of you! :)


Do I have a pattern to share?
I've actually been using a couple of great patterns I found on the internet (sample flowers shown in picture). I started with this great How-To pattern on CraftStylish by Linda Permann and the pink flowers in the bottom row were made with it. Then just a few days ago the amazing Nicole Heady posted a Pattern and Step by Step Tutorial on her blog Capture the Moment. Her pattern creates a very cute double layered five petal flower that is the perfect size! Needless to say I've been using that pattern too! I used it to make the three flowers in the top row.


Is it easy to learn how to crochet the flowers?
I'll be honest - if I didn't already know the basic crochet stitches I would have been a bit frustrated. As it was it took a couple of tries with each pattern before I was happy with the final result! If you know the basic stitches I would say making the flowers will be easy. However if you have never crocheted before I would recommend picking up a book from your local craft store that shows the basic steps and then play a bit. Also, it is easier to learn with regular yarn than crochet yarn (itty bitty stitches). BTW - yarn packaging usually lists what size of crochet hook to use with it so I would make sure when practicing that I had that size of hook. ;)


Hope that helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions! I'll be back tomorrow morning with a card that uses one of the crocheted flowers created using Nicole's pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm LOVING all those flowers you have been using....I may just need to learn this craft too ;)
    Thanks for sharing all that info Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)