Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mojo89: Just Because I Like Purple

I needed a little inspiration today so I checked out the Mojo Monday Blog and they had an absolutely fabulous sketch: Mojo89 that I just had to use! The color purple has also been catching my eye lately so I decided I better include a bit on this card.

Quick notes: the finished card size is 5" x 5" (Pretty in Pink card base). I created a background panel for the butterfly by stamping a text background from PTI on a piece of Lavender Moon cardstock in Going Gray Classic ink. For the purple circle accent I first cut it using a circle die and then ran it through my Big Shot with a CuttleBug embossing folder. I accented the piece with a circle of bling from Heidi Swapp and a flower I crocheted - using a button to attach it to the main panel.

The butterfly was stamped in black ink on the main panel and then stamped a second time in pink ink on white cardstock and cut out. I adhered just the butterly body to the main panel and then bent the wings up slightly and added rhinestones.

For the cardbase and the sentiment I used a pretty piece of gray designer paper from SEI. I added some ribbon, paper piercing, brads and black mats to finish.

Hope you enjoyed the card! I'm off to crochet more flowers since my collection is running perilously low! ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Fluttering By (Verve Stamps), Background Basics: Text Style (PTI). Paper: Pretty in Pink (SU!), Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, White (PTI), Jolie Chocolat designer (SEI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Pretty in Pink, Going Gray (SU!). Other: Plum Pudding Swiss Dot Satin ribbon, Sweet Blush button (PTI), vintage brads, word window punch, dimensionals, mat pack (SU!), pink rhinestone circle (Heidi Swapp), pink rhinestones (Basic Grey), Tiny Bubbles Emossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Circle Nestabilities (SpellBinders), paper piercer, white crochet thread.

6 comments:

  1. WOW, I don't like purple but this made my jaw drop!!! FABULOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle, absolutely stunning, gorgeous details. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this. Those flowers you've been attaching are a fantastic addition. Do you have the pattern to share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA this is beautiful, Danielle! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful! Love the ring of bling. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done... as USUAL!! Good job Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)