Monday, June 1, 2009

Prettie Party - Aloha Style

Paper Pretties had a fun little party in the forums earlier tonight to celebrate the release of Make a Splash Sophia and to introduce the latest addition to the Stamp of the Month Club: Aloha Sophia. I LOVE her! Yes I do!

We only had one challenge tonight and that was to use the Baby Wipe Technique. Hmmm... first step: run to the store and buy some baby wipes since they are not something I keep around the house. LOL! :) If you are not familiar with the technique it goes something like this: apply several colors of reinker to a folded babywipe and then swipe it across a piece of glossy cardstock. For extra texture and shimmer I then sprayed the striped cardstock with some Glimmer Mist!

And since I am addicted to making and using crocheted flowers I added another one to this card. For the pattern I referenced this site: CraftStylish. Any other questions just let me know!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Aloha Sophia. Paper: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, Glossy, PTI Select White, Fun in the Sun mat stack (DCWV). Ink: black, Copic markers, Clear Copic Spica Atyou pen, Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue and Ballet Blue reinkers. Other: linen thread, DMC floss, lime button (Rusty Pickle), mat pack, paper piercer, dotted wave edger punch (EK Success), baby wipe, dimensionals, vintage brads, small oval punch, Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels).

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I have to pull out the crocheting needle now, been neglecting that craft for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOH! You ROCKED this card gf! LOVE your coloring (of course!), the color combo, the way your technique came out and oh boy...I LOVE that crocheted flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, First time looking at your blog. Love your cards.
    Do you use the paper piercer to make the holes around your cards or something else. You do a great job getting the holes so even that's why I'm asking. I haven't seen a punch by EK like that??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)