Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Flutterbies!

Two weeks ago Jessica challenged the Prettie Girls to make a card including a butterfly! Easy peasy! Especially when you have some brand spankin' new butterfly-delicious designer paper!

I kept my layout pretty simple this week so that the paper would shine through on this card (gotta be able to see all of the butterflies). I used another croheted flower - I wasn't kidding when I said I loved using them on everything! :) The last element I added was some pretty embroidered ribbon from May Arts.

I did add some shimmer to Sophia's skirt with Cotton Candy Shimmerz. I love how quickly this stuff dries... especially since wet paint is just asking for a clumsy moment! ;)

For more fabulous butterfly creations check out the rest of the Prettie Girls:
Charmaine Ikach
Christi Thorsen
Frances Byrne
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jana Weaver
Jessica Diedrich
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse
Jessica Rone

Finally, here is a better picture of the ribbon treatment. Oh, and since I thought a sentiment would take away from the butterflies I decided to just add one to the inside of the card!

Recipe:
Stamps: Sophia Ballerina. Paper: Pretty in PInk, Chocolate Chip, PTI Select White, Jolie Chocolat designer (SEI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: pink crochet thread, linen thread, designer button, vintage brads, dimensionals, May Arts ribbon, Cotton Candy Shimmerz.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Danielle! I LOVE that flower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi danielle !
    this is so lovely
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Danielle! LOVE that crocheted flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is TOTALLY FLIPPIN FANTABULOUS Danielle! That paper is DELISH and you know how much I ADORE your coloring!!

    So...what does a gal have to do to get some of those FABU crocheted flowers???

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sweet!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so prettie Danielle!! Love that flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is just stunning! I love what you did, it seems we had the same idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh this is GORGEOUS, also happens to be my favorite color...and that flower is perfection! OH! and I got MAIL from you-THANK YOU!!!!!! (happy dance) you're Awesome, Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)