Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Meoooowwwwwwwww!

Two weeks ago Jules challenged the Prettie Girls to do Emma's challenge - make a card with your favorite animal on it. Hmmmm... I wonder what my favorite critter is? Hee hee... I'll give you one guess! LOL!

The details: I sketched a cat face on Creamy Caramel cardstock and cut out. I alos cut out ear insides (not sure what you call those) and a nose out of Pink Pirouette cardstock. I used a brayer and brayered some Liquid Applique over them and heat set - adds a fun velvetty texture. :) I aponged the edges of the pink pieces and the cat face with Close to Cocoa Classic ink. I sewed a couple of buttons to the face with hemp twine. I penciled in a mouth and then paper pierced along the lines using a paper piercer. To finish I poked six holes (three in each cheek) and threaded some hemp twine through them for whiskers. I used tape on the back to hold them in place.

I attached the cat face to a 3.5 x 2.5 Pink Pirouette card - which I actually stamped on! I created adotted border using a piece of Creamy Caramel cardtock, Close to Cocoa ink and the Sassy Circles stamp set! I added a sentiment and a bit of May Arts ribbon.

I think this would make a really cute gift tag - maybe with a gift card adhered to the inside. What do you think? :)

For more animal-y goodness hop on by the rest of the Paper Pretties Design team:

Charmaine Ikach
Christi Thorsen
Frances Byrne
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jana Weaver
Jessica Diedrich
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse
Jessica Rone

Recipe:
Stamps: Hey Buckaroo!, Sassy Circles. Paper: Creamy Caramel, Pink Pirouette. Ink: Close to Cocoa, black pen. Other: ribbon (May Arts), hemp twine, paper piercer, wood buttons (PTI), Liquid Applique, Heat tool, sponge.

5 comments:

  1. Totally cute Danielle!! very clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a total genius my friend! I LOVE this!! I am totally going to case this!!! AWESOME! Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear you are just too cool!! LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, cute kitty!! Love how you attached it to the card and how you did the inside too. You have so many fabulous ideas Danielle - I love checking my In Box to see what your latest creation is. I may not comment on everything, but I do love your Blog - gives me loads of inspiration and so many greatideas! Thanks Danielle!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)