Thursday, June 25, 2009

PWC58: Mornings are for the Birds!

I'll admit it... I'm not a morning person! I'm usually typing up my blog posts late at night. Luckily I have a somewhat decent light source so I can take pictures of my card creations even when it is really really dark outside - like I did for the sample card I made for this week's Prettie Challenge. What is the challenge for this week? It is another sketchy one! Here are the deets:

How to Enter the challenge: make a project using the provided sketch and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s). Upload the card to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC58.

Deadline: midnight on Wednesday, July 1st.

Prize*: $5.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique.

For my sample card I used the extra cute (and somewhat sleep deprived) Bunny Slippers Sophia - she's all ready to get her snooze on! LOL!

Quick note - it doesn't show up well in the photos but once I was done cutting, coloring, sponging and assembling I sprayed the entire cards with Snow Angels Glimmer Mist and heat set. It added the perfect amount of shimmer to the card - I love it!

Now that you have seen my card I hope you decide to play along! I would LOVE to see your creations!

Here is a closeup in which you can kind of see the shimmer - maybe just a bit! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Bunny Slippers Sophia. Paper: Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa, Kraaft, PTI Select White, Parisian Breeze Specialty, flower (unknown maker). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Close to Cocoa classic. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Styled Silver hodgepodge hardware, Bashful Blue wide grosgrain ribbon, dotted wave edger punch (EK Success), silver brads (Recollections), dimensionals, coluzzle cutting system and circle template, Snow Angels Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels).

3 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)