Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just Because

Can you believe that I used to dislike the color turquoise??? Apparently I have overcome that! LOL! This is another card I made using PTI's Vintage Picnic set. I kept the layout rather simple and only added a bit of embellishment! Well... if you don't count the sewing on the background layer! :)

In other news it was vet day for the kitties (Isa and Magoo)... oh how fun! NOT! But it had to be done especially since Magoo had another rash/sore spot. Get this... my cat has allergies! Snort! So anyways I packed them into my Jeep and hauled them the half mile to the vet's office (they serenaded me the whole way) where they received a bunch of shots. Magoo received an extra $40 poke in the butt to fix his ouchie... and no he didn't appreciate that third shot! Of course they were also weighed... yeah... and the little (okay not so little) buggers gained even more weight so onto a restricted diet they go. There is a reason this blog is called "Fat Cat" and not "Skinny Cat!" LOL! If you are wondering they weighed in at ohhhh a little over 18 and 15 pounds and no I do not think the restricted diet is going to go over well with them. I anticipate a bright future of midnight caterwauling! If I didn't think I would sleep through the alarm clock I'd buy some ear plugs! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Background Basics: Text Style, Vintage Picnic, Vintage Picnic Sentiments (PTI). Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Cool Caribbean (SU!), white (PTI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Tempting Turquoise Classic. Other: oval punch, 5/16" white brads, dimensionals (SU!), ruffled suede ribbon (May Arts), Labels One Nestabilities (Spellbinders), white thread, sewing machine.

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny!! Poor kitties, hope they adjust to their new diet and soon!! Gorgeous card too...I used to hate Turquoise, but have since gotten over that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! LOVE the turquoise! Don't you love this set? I SPLURGED and got it too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)