Thursday, July 9, 2009

Prettes Thursday: Going in Circles

Today is the day... for another Paper Pretties Thursday Challenge! Yay! This week it is a sketch challenge with quite a few circles! I've actually had this sketch in mind for quite a while and thought this week would be perfect for it!

How to Enter the challenge: make a project using the provided sketch and any Paper Pretties stamp set(s). Upload the card to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC60.

Deadline: midnight on Wednesday, July 15th.

Prize*: $5.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique.

For my sample I went with a bright color combo of yellow and turquoise. Definitely not my normal color pallete but I think I kind of like it. I also used the fantastic August SOTM Story Time Sophia! If you are not a member of the Stamp of the Month Club from Paper Pretties, why not join?! You can find more details on the club HERE.

Quick notes: finished card is 5"x5". I embossed a piece of cardstock and then cut the circles out with a Nestabilitie die. If I do this again, I'll cut and then emboss... cutting after embossing just flattens the embossing back out. Pooh! But you can still see it a bit.

I didn't have room on the front of the card for a sentiment so I created a little panel and added one to the inside of the card. Quick and easy and adds a nice finishing touch to the card!

Recipe:
Stamps: Story Time Sophia (Paper Pretties). Paper: Soft Sky, Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, PTI Select white, Karen Foster designer. Ink: black, Copic markers. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, scalloped edge punch, circle, rectangle and scalloped rectangle Nestabilities, dimensionals, adhesive rhinestones, May Arts ribbon, 5/16" cream brads, Quickutz embossing folder.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Fantastic!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet!! I love how you did the jewels!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card!! Love he bling and circles... WOW'za! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card and how you added the bling to only those two circles! Clever! And I really like the sentiment on the inside...I love to read but don't get the chance too much when I'm teaching. With the summer off, I'm reading again and loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)