Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pretties Thursday: Buttons and Flowers Oh Yay!

I'm back! With my Anything But a Card sample for the PWC61 challenge: find the details on the challenge in this post.

Lately I've been crocheting a bunch of flowers and sending 'em to a few of my crafty peeps and thought it would be fun to create a nifty package to hold them. And since I usually send some buttons or ribbon to keep the flowers company I decided that I needed the box to have two seperate areas to hold the goodies. So here it is... a two story matchbox. LOL!

The finished box is 2 inches tall, 2 inches wide and 4 inches long. The drawers were made from Cool Caribbean cardstock and the cover was made from Green Galore cardstock. I then decorated the cover with some Tempting Turquoise and extra bright and fun Lime Rickey designer paper. Oh-la-la lovin' the bright colors! I added a bit of ribbon and decorated the top of the box using the sweet little birdie from Rainy Day Friends. I think the it turned out really cute. What do you think?

Recipe:
Stamps: Rainy Day Friends. Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Tangerine Tango, Cool Carribean, PTI Selet White, Lime Rickey designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Summer Sunrise swiss dot ribbon, jute, and buttons (PTI), scalloped scallop edger punch (EK Success), dimensionals.

9 comments:

  1. How fun Danielle!! Great box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely darling Danielle! I love the little rainbow colored birds and the little drawers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO adorable, Danielle! LOVE the drawers and those flowers are TDF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute! I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful!!!! What a great thing to receive in the mail from a crafty friend :>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project and gift idea, Danielle! One day soon, I hope to learn this hobby too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a SUPER CUTE double decker box!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)