Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Meshfully Fun!

Two weeks ago I challenged the Prettie Girls to use a random item in your house or yard and create a background. For example take a piece of bubble wrap, get it inky and then stamp it on a piece of cardstock, use a leaf as a mask and ink around it. Other items you could use are: saran wrap, bottle caps or tin cans (make some circles), twigs, screen mesh and so forth.
Ohhh... I wonder what fun backgrounds the Prettie Girls made! To see, check 'em out at their blog homes:
For my card I decided to use some mesh! I cut a piece of black fiberglass screen mesh so that it was a bit larger than the piece of Pixie Pink cardstock I wanted to apply the background technique too. I then used a brayer to ink the mesh with White Craft ink. Next I place the mesh inky side down on pink cardstock, covered with a scrap piece of paper and brayered over it. This transfered the ink from the mesh to my cardstock! Yay! I decided I wanted a bit more texture so while the craft ink was still wet I coated the paper with Winter White embossing powder, shook off the excess and heat set. This really made the mesh texture pop! I think I am going to have to do this more often as I really really liked the results!
Recipe:
Stamps: Book Worm Sophia (Paper Pretties). Paper: Pixie Pink (SU!), Spring Rain, Raspberry Fizz, White (PTI). Ink: black, Copic markers, Whisper White Craft. Other: crocheted flower, May Arts ribbon, designer button, dimensionals, mat pack, and 5/16" brads (SU!), scalloped scallop edger punch (EK Success), sewing machine, white thread, paper piercer, jute.

8 comments:

  1. Who knew? What a fun idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat background Danielle!! It was a fun challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your background Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWSA Danielle! This background is AMAZING! I totally have to try this! What a fun challenge this way! Way to go gf!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just amazing! I LOVE what you did with this mesh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, this is just amazing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)