Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Summery Fun

Two weeks ago Charmaine challenged the Prettie Girls to do some masking! For some reason I kept getting this challenged confused with paper piecing... so I did both on this card and threw in some sewing for the fun of it!

Quick notes: I stamped Sophia on PTI White cardstock and masked (stamped on a Post-It note and cut out). I then inked up a background stamped and stamped right on top of the masked Sophia image. Colored Sophia with Copic markers and paper pieced her dress from a piece of designer paper (stamp Sophia on the designer paper and cut out the dress). The sentiment is from a set of rubons called Chit Chat and the flower is one I crocheted myself using Pearl thread from DMC.

For more masking fun check out the rest of the masked crusaders of stamping, otherwise known as the Prettie Girls:
Charmaine Ikach
Christi Thorsen
Frances Byrne
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jana Weaver
Jessica Diedrich
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse
Jessica Rone

BUT WAIT, I'm not done! This week it is my turn to issue a challenge! Muhahaha! Do I feel the need to be evil or am I in the mood to be nice? My challenge is use a random item in your house or yard and create a background. Huh?! For example take a piece of bubble wrap, get it inky and then stamp it on a piece of cardstock... it is soooo fun! Or use a leaf as a mask and ink around it. Other items you could use are: saran wrap, bottle caps or tin cans (make some circles), twigs, screen mesh and so forth... hmm I think the Prettie Girls might just think I'm evil for this one! Tee hee. ;)

Before I forget... Happy Canada Day to my friends up North. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Giving Thanks Sophia (Paper Pretties), French Script (SU!). Paper: Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Certainly Celery, PTI Select White, Karen Foster designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Marigold Morning Classic, Copic markers. Other: Crocheted Flower, Baja Breeze Corduroy Button, Certainly Celery Polytwill ribbon, Scalloped Scallop edger punch (EK Success), sewing machine, white thread, sponge, dimensionals, Chit Chat rubons.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this one Danielle!! So cute with the script behind her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Danielle! The colors, the papers, the paper piecing, the FLOWER! Yowsa! LOVE all of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVE the bright colors, the piecing and the masking-you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! This is beautiful, Danielle!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)