Friday, July 24, 2009

TLC230: Fun with Fabric

I decided to play in a Split Coast Stampers Technique Lover's challenge this week! The challenge (TLC230) was to use fabric on your card. Of fun! Luckily for me I have a bunch of quilter's squares in my closet so I grabbed one of those and some HeatnBond and I was set to go!

I used the SU! Top Note Die to cut the chipboard and the fabric (after applying the HeatnBond to the fabric with an iron). I then trimmed the fabric a bit and ironed the fabric to the chipboard. Does that make sense?! :)

The main image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI select white cardstock. I then traced the image with a couple of Copic markers to add some color! Lots of dimensionals were sacrificed in the making of this card. Hee hee!

Recipe:
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Sanded Background (SU!). Paper: Kraft, Black, Bashful Blue, PTI select white. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Sahara Sand Classic. Other: fabric (quilter's block), word window punch, Kraft corduroy brad, black satin ribbon (May Arts), dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer, chipboard.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Danielle, Where do you get Heatnbond - A quilting supplier? i love your blog, I used to be a computer programmer too(before kids which was around 14 years ago)
    Greetings from South Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty! I love all the dimension. Thanks for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really a nice card. Since I also have a lot of quilters material, it's gives me some ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! this is fabulous. I've always wanted to try using fabric. love the layout on this one. tfs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)