Friday, August 21, 2009

Frightful and Delightful

I managed to scrap up a bit of crafting mojo and made this card using some fun pumpkins and gourds from the Stampin' Up! Autumn Harvest stamp set. Not the newest set of stamps on the pile but still quite delightful! :)

I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black and then watercolored with an AquaPainter and Watercolor Wonder Crayons. After die cutting the main image I layered a couple of colored pieces on top with dimensionals. I finished the main image by spritzing it with a bit of Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist. Added a bit of paper piercing and layered upon a scalloped circle.

For more texture on the card I added some very rough paper pleating using a strip of designer paper. I used a strip of adhesive to tack it into place at first and then sewed along the top edge with my sewing machine. The sewing is covered by the green satin ribbon. To finish I added a crocheted flower (click HERE for my crocheted flower FAQ) and a sentiment that was stamped on Kraft and then punched out with an oval punch.

So what do you think? Is it frightful or delightful? :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Harvest (Stampin' Up!), Spooky Expressions Anna Wight Cling set (Whipper Snapper). Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, PTI Select White, Tim Coffey Fall mat pad (K & Company). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black. Other: button, jute (PTI), Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Watercolor Wonder Crayons, oval punch, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Aqua Painter (Stampin' Up!), Petite Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), green satin ribbon (May Arts), Pearl crochet thread (DMC).

3 comments:

  1. Delightful, Danielle! I love everything about it! Your crocheted flower is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh-h, I love this card ,...beautiful colors, layout and flower! My first visit to your blog and it has been a treat ! I will be back !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card. I like the crocheted flower and thank you for sharing the links for the instruction for making the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)