Saturday, August 22, 2009

Got a cold? Phooey!


Would this cute pink and green card cheer you up if you were sick? Maybe bring a smile to your face? I have to admit that the bug image just cracks me up... so much so that I had to color 'em in hot pink and add a bit of glitteh! LOL!

Quick notes: I stamped the bug image three times, coloring with various shades of pink and green Copic markers. I added a bit of glitter to their antennas, their many feet and the spots on their backs. The sentiment is from a SU! set called Curvy Verses and says "If wishes could make you well... you'd be better already!". I added a bit of machine stitching, some pretty designer paper and finished with some silver brads and gingham ribbon.

For the inside I added a piece of white cardstock matted on Pink Pirouette with a strip of the same designer paper I used on the front of the card. I stitched the layers together and then adhered to the inside of the card. I don't do this very often bought thought the bright pink card base needed to be toned down a couple of degrees! Wouldn't want to blind the recipient! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: B-72 Phooey Bug (Stamps by Judith), Curvy Verses (Stampin' Up!). Paper: Pixie Pink, Pink Pirouette, PTI Select White, Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse mat pad (K & Company). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: sewing machine, white thread, Light Pink Gingham ribbon, 5/16" silver brads, dimensionals, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (Stampin' Up!), Icicle Border punch (EK Success).

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I love that bug stamp and the sentiment is fabulous as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)