Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Jackie!!!

Today is a fabulous day! Why, you ask? One, because it is Saturday - no work for me today. Two, I have an hair appointment - two weeks overdue so it is really needed. Three, and most importantly, it is Jackie's birthday today! I think by now everyone knows how much the Prettie Girls enjoy celebrating birthdays (they had a FABULOUS hop for me earlier this week - thanks girlies!) so we just had to have another one for the fantastically talented Jackie!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE!

The hop started at Jackie P's blog The Scalloped Edge and hopefully you are coming to my blog from Christi's. If not finish reading my post and then head to the beginning so you can see all of the fabulous Prettie cards. :)

For my card I used the dancing diva Aloha Sophia (she just screams fun). I also used Thursday's Paper Pretties sketch challenge and had a bit of fun adding some paper ruffles to the card. I've seen this technique everywhere and finally had a chance to try it myself! You'll be seeing this from me again! Although I do need to work on sewing around rounded corners... but we'll just ignore that for now and love the ruffles. :)

Ready for the next stop on the hop? It is none other than the birthday girl herself: Jackie R! Please head over to her blog and leave her a bit of birthday love. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Aloha Sophia. Paper: Kraft (SU!), Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel, White (PTI), 2008 Bitty Dot Basic designer (PTI), pink stripe designer (Karen Foster). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Scarlet Jewel Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Scarlet Jewel Buttons (PTI), linen thread, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (SU!), Dottie Texturz plate (Sizzix), white thread, sewing machine.

5 comments:

  1. This is just too cute! Thank you so much Danielle for the birthday wishes! I hope you enjoy your Saturday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute Danielle!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are super cute Danielle! I've always wanted to get into making cards. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)