Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pink Elephants Marching Down the Road

Every have one of those weeks when your crafting mojo has decided to take a vacation? Mine did! But luckily I have a couple of cute although quite pink projects that I made a while ago and since the recipient has received them I can share! :)

The first is a cute pink polka dot notebook from Michael's that I decorated. The designer paper is really decadent with a lot of texture and a bit of glimmer. Sadly I don't know the manufacturer since it doesn't have a label. :( The cute little elephant is from the Just Celebrate stamp set from Stampin' Up! I stamped and colored the elephant twice, cut out the second one and adhered it over the first with some dimensionals. I used buttons, some jute and pretty PTI ribbon to accent the cover.


After decorating the notebook I decided that I needed a matching card. I used the same supplies and kept the layout similar to the notebook.

Now that I've shown you a cute pink project... I need to run and find my stamping mojo 'cause it has some work to do! But I'll have to be quiet and use the sneak approach to catch it... rascally rabbit that it is! LOL! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Just Celebrate (SU!). Paper: Sweet Blush, Select White (PTI), Pixie Pink, Textured pink paper (Manufacturer unknown). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: sewing machine, white thread, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Raspberry Fizz Swiss Dots satin ribbon (PTI), buttons (PTI), distressing tool, small notebook, Subway white foam Thickers (American Crafts), Word Window punch.

4 comments:

  1. So cute Daniel!!! I showed this to my daughter.. she thought I was kidding when I said.. here..look at the pink elephants. She used to use that term in "ballet class" to keep from sneezing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! What a unique idea for a baby gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely ADORE this card! It's very sweet. Gorgeous layout and love the piercing around the image - really adds that extra-special something. Love the book too - what a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)