Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Question: What's black, white and red?

Answer: A Twilight inspired birthday hop for Jackie P.! The Prettie girls are hopping again and this time it is in celebration of our girl Jackie P. turning a year older. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE!

The hop started with the fabulous Frances and hopefully you are coming here from Jackie R.'s blog. If not you might be missing out on some fabulous bday creations... Twilight style! I have to admit that I am not quite as addicted to the series as some un-named members of the Paper Pretties team (you know who you are!) but I have read the first two books and have the third ready and waiting for a free afternoon. Of course that means an afternoon of not stamping - yikes the horrors! LOL! :)

For my Twilight inspired card I used the showy Wade E. Bug (the "E" has to be short for Edward - hee hee) and a cute little sentiment from an Anna Wight cling set (it was just tooooo perfect). I colored the *Edward* Bug in various shades of gray and red and added a bit of glitter (okay, more than a bit) to the hat, bowtie and cane. I then paired it with some red designer paper from the Holiday Lounge set from SU! (who says you have to use it on a Holiday card?) and the new wide red polka dot ribbon (I think I'm in LUV). What do you think?

Now that you have seen my card blurf your way over to Jana's blog (the next stop on the hop). Don't forget to leave a little birthday love for Jackie when you finally reach her blog. Big Birthday Wishes to you Officer! May your day be fabulous! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Wade E. Bug (Paper Pretties), 29 Again Anna Wight Cling Set (Whipper Snapper Designs) - sentiment. Paper: PTI Select White, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Holiday Lounge Designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Copic markers. Other: Scalloped scallop border punch (EK Success), Small oval punch, Real Red dotted grosgrain ribbon, Button Latte button, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Label 3 Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

12 comments:

  1. I just love Wade's bling in this card! Great job, I never knew the E was for Edward lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The E is for Edward??? Perfect! LOVE your card Danielle!! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Danielle! I will miss you but will definitely continue to follow your blog and say hi when I can. You do beautiful and inspiring work and it's been great getting to know a little more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.M.G. An EDWARD BUG? LOVE this gf! You ROCKED this for sure! How in the WORLD have you not finished the series yet???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Love your layout here, and Wade is perfect for these colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I really like the way you did the ribbon! I'm currently reading the first Twilight book...not that thrilled as yet! Hopefully it will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cute little critter.

    Smiles,
    Cammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card!! Love the dotted ribbon and of course adorable Wade! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)