Thursday, September 17, 2009

Halloween Pumpkin-y Fun!

Happily I found a bit of time while waiting for supper to bake last night to make a card! I'm really into Halloween images this year and have been wanting to ink up again the Halloween Set from Whipper Snapper Designs (illustrated by Anna Wight)!

This time I stamped the pumpkins three times on River Rock cardstock overlapping the images. I then stamped them again 3 more times on PTI Select white, colored and then cut out. However before adhering them over the first set of pumpkins I had to stamp a sentiment and add a bit of a distressed look by overstamping the River Rock cardstock with a background stamp. Sweet huh? I did do a bit of coloring on the RR cardstock... just the stems, leaves and an outline of the pumpkin. This way I didn't have to trim the leaves and stems (that would not have been fun!).


When adding the colored pumpkins I popped the middle ones up with a couple of dimensionals. To finish the card I added some incredibly fun black pom pom trim (LOVE IT SO MUCH!) and attached a ribbon and button with a bit of jute.

So what do you think? Is it a keeper? :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Halloween Fun and Spooky Expressions Anna Wight Cling sets (Whipper Snapper Designs), Sanded background stamp. Paper: River Rock, Basic Black, Aways Artichoke, PTI Select White, Boo to You! Spooky Stripes designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Kiwi Kiss Classic. Other: black pompom trim (Recollections), black satin ribbon (May Arts), jute (PTI), mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, button.

8 comments:

  1. So cute! Oh that pompom ribbon is awesome! Makes this such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Danielle! You always ROCK those WS stamps...it's like they were made for you!! LOVE that pompom trim too! Hope all is well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh WOW!! This is WONDERFUL!! You gave new life to those pumpkins!! YES IT'S A KEEPER!! (And I have JUST the place for it...) HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is seriously so many different kinds of ADORABLE I don't know where to start! LOVE the poms, the layout, and your coloring rocks as always..and I love the definition stamp and how you pulled it all together. Just an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so super cute!! Love the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable pumpkins...the card just made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! This is so cute! I love those pumpkin faces and that trim is so much fun! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost fell off my chair when I scrolled down to this card! One of my fave's from you EVAH!! LOVE the pom pom ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)