Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Prettie Wednesday Blog Hop: Inspired!

Hello my crafty peeps! I'm still alive! I know I haven't been posting much lately but that is because I am super busy at work which means I have limited crafting time. Say it with me... "RATS!" LOL! However I do have a fun card to share with you today for the Pretties Wednesday Blog Hop! Hopefully you came here from Jules blog, if not the hop started with Christie!

Last week Charmaine challenged the Prettie Girls and all of you to make a card using a picture of a lovely set of bedding as your inspiration (can be seen HERE). I thought the colors from the piece would be perfect for a fall themed card using one of the latest Paper Pretties releases: Season of Thanksgiving. Hmmm... I think I kept this card pretty simple although I did up the oomph factor by adding some machine zigzag stitching, a it of ribbon and a few brads.

Now that you have checked out my card you can hop on over to Charmaine... the next stop on the blog hop! :) Or you might want to keep reading for details on the this week's challenge!

This week's challenge details:

Challenge: Make a card/project that uses fun foam somehow someway.*

How to Enter: make a card that meets the above challenge requirement and uses any Paper Pretties stamp set(s) you have. Upload the card to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC70.

Deadline: 6PM (EST) on Tuesday, September 22nd.

Prize: $15.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique.

*If you are wondering what fun foam is it is sheet of foam about an 1/8" thick sold in many different colors. You can also purchase it precut in various shapes. It can be found pretty much wherever kids crafting/art supplies are sold. I bought a bunch at Michael's... way more than I need but the colors were all so fun! ;)

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Season of Thanksgiving (Paper Pretties). Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, PTI Select White, Autmun Paper Pack (Recollections). Ink: black, Copic markers. Other: Pacific Point striped ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, corner rounder, Chit Chat rubons, metallic brads (Recollections).

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! The layout is very neat and great colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love this! I almost used this stamp too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS Danielle! LOVE your gorgeous coloring on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job with the challenge....love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)