Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Feeling a Little Frosty

Hello my crafty readers. I'm really excited to share my project today and it is entirely appropriate for the current cold weather outside! This week Jackie issued the Pretties Wednesday challenge and it is to alter something! I decided to alter a paper mache box that I have had in my stash for a while and use one of the soon to be released Paper Pretties stamps sets: Warm Winter Wishes. I thought this little box would be perfect to hold a bunch of different hot chocolate mixes. I must by psychic because I made this project a few days ago when it was much warmer outside but now there is a definite chill to the air. Definitely perfect weather for some hot cocoa like the kind I put in this box. Hmmm... wonder if anyone would notice if one of the mixes went missing?! Hee hee!
I'm excited to see what the rest of the Prettie Girls altered this week for the hop today. Yes, every week we do a little blog hop and the next stop is the fabulous Charmaine! The hop started at Christie's so if you missed a couple of stops before visiting my blog you will want to start there first.
A few quick details: I colored the image with Copic markers and then trimmed with paper snips. Next I coated the whole image with VersaMark and then heat embossed with Crystal Clear embossing powder. For the main background I cut a square of brown felt to the same sized as the base piece of designer paper. I took a pair of pinking shears I have for cutting fabric and pinked the very edges of the felt. This way the designer paper below would peek through. I machine stitched the edges with white thread and added some jumbo brads to each corner! I did the same for the layer immediately beneat the main image. To finish I cut a sentiment and used a small corner rounded on the edges to round them. The sentiment is from another of the stamp sets releaseing on October 1st!
PWC71 Challenge Details: Alter something someway somehow!
How to Enter: alter something and use any Paper Pretties stamp set(s) you have while doing so. Upload the altered item to the Paper Pretties gallery. Please include it in the Weekly Challenges category and use keyword PWC71.
Deadline: 6PM (EST) on Tuesday, October 6th.
Prize: $15.00 coupon to the Paper Pretties Boutique.
Recipe:
Stamps: Warm Winter Wishes (Paper Pretties). Paper: Kraft, PTI Select White, Parisian Breeze Specialty designer. Ink: Black, Copic markers, VersaMark. Other: Crystal Clear embossing powder, brown felt, pinking shears, sewing machine and white thread, vintage brads, Very Vanilla 5/16" brads, small corner rounder, ruffled suede ribbon (May Arts), dimesionals, paper mache box (Wal-Mart).

9 comments:

  1. This is adorable! What a cute gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the clear embossing on your main image. and the felt is a nice touch, always love to see different textures on projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! What a perfect gift to give someone, I love how you filled it too! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I love this Danielle! I love the idea of heat embossing your whole image! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Danielle! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SOOOOOO adorable Danielle! Everything you touch turns to majic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! This is perfection! I absolutely love this one...hope you drank some of the hot cocoa last night!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)