Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pretties Wednesday: Heartfully Happy

Two weeks ago Jules challenged us to make a card using her provided sketch - a FABULOUS sketch I must say! :)

I decided to use the next SOTM image Always in My Heart Sophia from Paper Pretties (available Oct. 1st) and some fun *Christmas* paper from My Mind's Eye. I love this paper! It is even perfect for a non-wintery card!

I did take a bit of liberty with the sketch and switched the sentiment and image locations. I just couldn't chop off Sophia's legs... not this time! The tights are just too cute not to show every pixel of! :)

Sophia was colored with Copic markers and then cut out. I used Nesties to cut out the sentiment layer and the pink scalloped mat. I added evently spaced piercing along the upper left edge and added a brad to every single hole. I don't normally go crazy with brads but I think it really worked on this card!

The finished card is 5" x 5" and the inside of it is blank. I always seem to lose my stamping mojo when it comes time to doing the inside of the card so about 95% of the time I just leave it blank! :) Do you decorate the insides of your cards or not? I'm really curious to know what all of you think on the subject!

Recipe:
Stamps: Always in My Heart Sophia (Paper Pretties - available Oct. 1st). Paper: various colors, PTI Select White, Colorful Christmas "Bright Stripes" designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: black, Copic markers. Other: silver brads, dimensionals, grosgrain ribbon, Scalloped Scallop Border Punch (EK Success), Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

7 comments:

  1. Danielle this card is STUNNING! The new Sophia is so cute and your coloring is superb! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, this is just fricken CUTE!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness this is perfection!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it- love the brads, love the liberties you took - GREAT CARD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is FABULOUS!!! I LOVE all those brads. It's a Thud card for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)