Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Quilter's Book

I must say that I am really {loving} these quilter block stamps by Anna. They are perfect not only as a focal point but also to create fabulous backgrounds! :)

For this project I used five of the blocks to create a pattern on a piece of Spring Rain cardstock by stamping in white craft ink and then heat embossing with Winter White embossing powder. I stamped a couple of extra blocks using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink and then colored with Copic markers. Added a bit of bling to the blocks with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, a crystal and a DecoColor silver pen.

I created a title for the book using various diferent Thickers (awesome dimensionals letter stickers by American Crafts).

To finish the book I added a bit of ribbon, stamped a sentiment, sponged a bunch of edges with Creamy Caramel ink and assembled. I think this was a huge improvement on how the notebook originally looked! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Winter Quilt and Homespun Quilt Anna Wight cling sets (Whipper Snapper Designs). Paper: Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, White (PTI), Chocolate Chip, Pacifiic Blue (SU!), 2008 Bitty Dot Basics designer (PTI). Ink: White Craft, Creamy Caramel Classic, Rich Cocoa Memento. Other: Winter White embossing powder, 4mm clear Swarovski crystals, blue satin ribbon (May Arts), Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Shoe Box white glitter Thickers, Rockabye white Thickers, Subway white Thickers (American Crafts), $1 book (Michaels), silver fine line DecoColor pen (Marvy Uchida).

3 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)