Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ribbit (Frog for "How you doing?")

I made this Froggy Journal a couple of weeks ago for the Paper Pretties Release party. I couldn't resist using the frog (a lot!) from the new set Pulling For You. I'll admit it - I think frogs are COOL! :)

The journal is a notebook I picked up from Michael's craft store. It actually had a quite pretty drawing of several flowers on the front but I was in the mood for frogs so the flowers had to go! First step in decorating the book was stamping and coloring with Copic markers four little froggies. Next I punched them out with a 1 3/8" circle punch. For the final touch I coated the frogs with a bit of Crystal Effects.

I then picked out some pretty designer paper and a few matching accents. I didn't have a perfect match for the journal title so I took some naked chipboard letters and sprayed with Patina Glimmer Mist. The result was the right color AND they sparkle (bonus!). At this point all that was left was assembly... a bit of super sticky tape and a bunch of dimensionals and I was done!

Relatively easy project and now all I need to do is find it a new home. :)




Recipe:
Stamps: Pulling For You (Paper Pretties). Paper: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, PTI Select White, Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse designer (K&Company). Inks: black, Copic markers. Other: 1 3/8" circle punch, saddle stitch ribbon (PTI), silver brads, 1/4" circle punch, dimensionals, Crystal Effects, Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), chipboard letters (Heidi Swapp), notebook (Michaels), heat tool.

5 comments:

  1. must have missed this at the party...it"s fabulous!!! Love all the shiny frogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cute frogs! Great book! I love picking up things like that at Mike's and recovering them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic girl!! My sis loves frogs too and would DIE if she saw this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute!! It has this Froggy's seal of approval! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACKKK!!I love frogs and this is TOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)