Monday, September 21, 2009

Stitches of fun!

Hey crafty peeps! I have some exciting news to share. A few weeks ago Anna Wight asked me if I would be interested in being one of the featured designers for September/October. As a huge fan of Whipper Snapper Designs and Anna I couldn't agree fast enough! LOL! Needless to say I was quite happy and even happier when I received some of the fabulous new stamps to play with! This bright and cheery card is one of the first projects I made. And ohh... I have been a busy stamper bee and will have lots to share with you!

Quick card notes: I used a sewing machine to add a bit of stitching. The quilt squares where stamped in black, colored with Copic markers and then cut out. The bottom two were adhered directly to the Kraft cardstock mat while the top three where popped up with dimensionals. The finished card size is 5" x 5".

For more inspiration check out the rest of the designers for September/October (I've already taken a peek and all I can say is "WOWSA!"):

Jeanie Witmer
SCS Gallery: Jeanie_Witmer
Blog: thespottedchick.blogspot.com

Katarina (Kathy) Menzies
SCS Gallery: katarinam
Blog: thecreataholic.blogspot.com

Kelly Bee
SCS Gallery: kellybee
Blog: kelly.studiobeemusic.com

Stephanie Kraft
SCS Gallery: booga3
Blog: handkraftedbystephanie.blogspot.com

and Anna Wight
SCS Gallery: sweetmissdaisy
Blog: sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Homespun Quilt (Anna Wight Cling set from Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: Kraft, Not Quite Navy, PTI Select White, Early Bird (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Accessories: Soft Suede Polka Dot ribbon, jute and button (PTI), sewing machine and white thread, dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. *shouting* ADORABLE!!! The colors are so fresh and FUN! The layout is spectacular!! You're so good! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design! Your colors are gorgeous too! Done Miss Anna proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girl! Your card is adorable and I can't wait to see what other sweetness you create the next couple of months with Anna's designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Danielle!! AWESOME card and your coloring is fab, as always! LOVE the layout, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)