Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hello Pumpkin!

Hey crafty peeps,

I'm popping in with a quick card I made the other night. I thought about crafting tonight but then realized my hands and feet were way too cold. Yikes - my house is quite chilly (since I refuse to turn the furnace on yet) and I didn't think the shivers (my body's attempt to stay warm) would aid in my stamping. Instead I thought it would be more fun to bake cookies (the heat from the oven would help warm the house and well fresh baked cookies are just plain good) and surf the net on my laptop (my nice warmth producing laptop). LOL! Hmmm... I think a cookie is calling my name...

Quick Notes: I stamped the cute pumpkin in Memento Tuxedo black on PTI Select white and colored with Copic markers. The pumpkin was then cut out and the edges were sponged with Close to Cocoa (as were all of the other layers on the card). I then stamped a piece of Ocean Tides cardstock with one of the backgrounds from Bitty Backgrounds many times in VersaMark ink before stamping a sentiment. To finish the card I picked out a piece of designer paper, a few brads, a piece of ribbon and assembled, adding a bit of paper piercing as I went. Sweet and simple... well, at least as simple as I get! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Sept 09 Kit of the Month, Bitty Backgrounds (Unity). Paper: Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip (SU!), Ocean Tides and White (PTI), Sidney designer (Melissa Frances). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Close to Cocoa Classic, Copic markers. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Soft Suede Polka dot grosgrain, Vanilla Brads (American Crafts).

5 comments:

  1. This is darling, Danielle!! I recently got this Unity kit and haven't had a chance to ink it up yet!! LOVE that pumpkin! Keep warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Danielle! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Danielle!! Your card has such a "warm" glow about it. Love how you cut out the pumpkin separately and popped it up on mounts. And I love all the piercing too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)