Sunday, October 25, 2009

Just a Little Kite


Whew, this has been quite a weekend! I decided to finally tackle a project that I've had on my list for quite some time - redoing my craft area (am I crazy or what?!). My fingers are still feeling a bit abused from putting together a few new pieces of furniture and my one cat has a nice little spot of blue paint on her head (somebody snuck in while I was painting)! Still a lot of work to do since I'm painting one section at a time but it will be all worth it in the end. Well... at least it will be pretty! LOL!

While the paint is drying here is a card I made a few days ago. I never did have much luck flying kites when I was a kid but this is what I imagined it would look like on the perfect kite flying day! :)

Notes on the main image: I stamped the Kite and a bunch of the bows on the Spring Rain cardstock. I then drew a line connecting the pieces (although you can't see it after the rest of my changes). I then cut a cloud shape from a piece of paper and used that (the paper not the cut out piece) as a stencit to create a bunch of clouds on the blue cardstock with Whipser White Craft ink. Next I stamped the kite and bows on scraps of designer paper and cut out. This second kite was adhered over the first with a dimensional. I then applied a thin line of Crystal Effects over the kite string I drew and layered a piece of linen thread over it. The CE was perfect to adhere it. Next I adhered the bows over the kite string using more CE (just a bit though!). And there you have it... a cute little kite fluttering over a blue sky! :) I'm really liking how this turned out!

Recipe:
Stamps: His Favorite Things Anna Wight Cling set (Whipper Snapper). Paper: Naturals White, Kraft, Not Quite Navy, Spring Rain (PTI), Maine Blueberry designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White Craft. Other: Linen Thread, Butons (PTI), Crystal Effects, mat pack, paper piercer, Postage Stamp edger punch, diemnsionals.

4 comments:

  1. This is frickin' adorable!!! LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing card! I just {heart} it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Danielle - I REALLY love it. Perfect boy's card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle!
    Just love this card! The kite and the DP are perfect!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)