Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mmmm... Chocolate!

I'm popping in tonight with another project I made with the fun Anna Wight quilting sets. This one is very dear to my heart... because it is filled with chocolate! (And well, my heart is relatively close to my stomach which is VERY appreciative of a good chocolate!)

For this project I decorated a plain mason jar (I picked this one up at Michael's a while back). I kept the look very simple and even made a matching card to go with it. Note how much chocolate is in the jar... there were a few pieces more than that before I started decorating the jar. Heh heh heh. ;)

For the jar I stamped strips (took two to completely wrap the jar) of craft paper with various blocks from the Homespun Quilt set in Chocolate Chip Classic ink. I then used a border punch on Chocolate Chip cardstock to create a nice lacey border to attach to the Kraft. I attached all of the strips and border together with some extra sticky glue and then zig zag stitched with my sewing machine. This was then attached to the jar with some Sticky Strip adhesive.


To finish the jar I die cut a tag and decorated it. Adding yet another quilt block and accenting with a button, some ribbon and just a bit of designer paper.

I kept the matching card very simple and just accented it with a few brads and a cute little safety pin. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of designer paper and atached it to the satin ribbon with the safety pin. I did add an adhesive dimensional afterwards so that it would stay exactly where I wanted it.

Hmmm... I think I need to sample another one of those chocolates. Make sure they are still *good*. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Homespun Quilt and Spirt of Christmas (sentiment) Anna Wight cling sets (Whipper Snapper Designs). Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Autumn designer (Recollections). Ink: Chocolate Chip classic. Other: button (PTI), blue satin ribbon (May Arts), white floss (DMC), Label Three Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Dotted Scallop edger punch (EK Success), safety pin (Making Memories), gold brads, dimensionals, chocolate, sewing machine, white thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)