Thursday, October 8, 2009

Santa Santa

Guess what? I actually made a Christmas card using the traditional Christmas colors of green and red! LOL! Lately I have been drawn to very bright and cheery colors - must be all the cold weather lately. However I manged to break that habit with this card... no guarantees on future ones though! :)

Quick notes: as usual I stamped the image in black and then colored with Copic markers. I did add a bit of bling with a gold paint pen. Just a little though! I added a strategic piece of ribbon and a button (to hide an oopsie) to accent the main image and kept the rest of the layout simple. Of course I couldn't resist a bit of stitching. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Spirit of Christmas Anna Wight cling set (Whipper Snapper Designs). Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip (SU!), White, Pure Poppy (PTI), embossed green (unknown). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Close to Cocoa Classic. Other: Ticket Border punch (EK Success), sewing machine, white thread, sponge, gold ribbon (May Arts), hemp twine, button (PTI), Gold fine line Deco Color paint pen (Marvy Uchida).

2 comments:

  1. Love your card Danielle!! What a fantastic idea with the button and the ribbon - it looks like it was always meant to be there even if it is covering an 'oopsie'. Oh, and I love the stitching too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)