Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day: Corrugated Cardboard Challenge

Hello my crafty friends!

It is time for the third and final Paper Pretties WCMD challenge! This is my challenge to make a card using corrugated cardboard with the top layer peeled back! Woot! You can find all the details on entering the challenge over at the Paper Clip! For more inspiration for this challenge check out Christie's blog!

For my card I cut a piece of cardboard from the top lid of a box (after I removed the fun stamping goodies that were shipped in it!). I then peeled back the top layer of paper revealing the rippled layer. I then ran it through my Big Shot using a Top Note die to cut it into a fun shape perfect for a background layer. I sponged the edges with Whisper White Craft ink and heat set. I then decorated the piece with a length of grosgrain and a couple of Jumbo Eyelets.

Next I die cut this sweet lamb image using a circle die and then colored with Copic markers. I used Copic glitter pens to add touches of shine to different areas of the image. To finish I added paper piercing to the edges and applied a coating of Crystal Effects to the balloons.

For the card base I layered a piece of polka dot designer paper to a piece of Certainly Celery and added stitching with a sewing machine. I then assembled the various layers attaching them to a Kraft card base.

So what do you think? Is the corrugated cardboard fun or what?! I'm hoping you like it and join in the challenge. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Birth Day Lamb (Paper Pretties). Paper: Kraft, Certainly Celery, PTI Select White, Black & White Basics designer (PTI). Ink: black, Copic markers, Copic Spica AtYou glitter pens, Whisper White Craft ink. Other: Top Note BigZ die, Circle Nestabilities (SpellBinders), sewing machine, white thread, Certainly Celery wide grosgrain ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer, sponge, large Zots, Crystal Effects, Antique Brass jumbo eyelets.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Danielle...love how your cardboard looks, and the balloons are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love this! What a fun and bright card, amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Danielle - really lovely1 I've tried using cardboard before it just turned out like a mess! But you've inspired me to try again - if it doesn't come out too bad, I'll send you a link to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle - Love your card - it's absolutely gorgeous!!
    So now I have a dilemma: should I go searching thru my large recyclables bin (outside) looking for corrugated cardboard in amongst the pet food tins and milk cartons, or should I mail-order enough stamps & craft things in a big enough quantity that will fit in a box rather than a post-pak envelope? Mmm, tough decision, eh?!! Yep, my mind's made up already........hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Danielle! I forgot how much fun cardboard can be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely DARLING Danielle! LOVE your rockin' coloring (of course...you know I ADORE your coloring skillz!!) and your use of CE (Which I am ALL about these days!)...just a magnificent card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome idea! You're soooo creative! Love the balloons, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this card Danielle!! Those glossy balloons are the BEST! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cute!!! I love the balloons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling card and it sounds like you had a fun weekend. You do such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)