Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving! I have a special treat for you today... a turkey treat holder. I had a couple of packs of Reese Peanut Butter cups (which I did not eat!) and thought it would be neat to make a cute wrapper for them.

I started by creating a turkey with the fun Build A Turkey set from Unity Stamp Co. I stamped a tail feather arrangement on Close to Cocoa cardstock overlapping the feathers just a smidge at the base. I then stamped each tail feather on a different designer paper and cut out. I wanted to brighten the paper a bit so I did a little coloring with the Copic markers. Next I adhered the paper to the Close to Cocoa tail base. Hmmm... something was still missing so I inked the whole tail base with VersaMark and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Sparkle and glitter galore - perfect! I then stamped the turkey body on PTI Select white cardstock, colored with Copics and cut out. I adhered the body to the tail base with dimensionals and added more glitter to the beak area. Okay, that might have been glitter overkill but I was on a roll! ;)

I thought the turkeys ended up extra cute... so cute that I turned them into magnets. So instead of attaching them directly to the candy wrappers I used a metal washer/magnet fastening system. Snort --- I'm sooo technical today! I tried hiding the washer behind the cardstock so you wouldn't see it after removing the turkey but the magnetic pull wasn't strong enough so I plopped it onto the front. Ehh... we all know where that wrapper is going to end up anyways after the candy is eaten but maybe the turkey will be rescued! ;)

Gobble gobble gobble! ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Build a Turkey, Fall Festival (Unity). Paper: Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel (SU!), Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss and White (PTI), designer (K and Company). Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers, VersaMark. Other: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Crystal Effects, brads (Recollections), ribbon (May Arts), mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, metal washers, magnets, Reese Peanut Butter Cups.

4 comments:

  1. Ca-YUTE, Danielle!! Love the sparkle on his feathers!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Danielle...they turned out perfect! No wonder you made them into magnets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute! Happy Thanksgiving! (I probably would have broken down and eaten the Reese and then had to run out to replace them for the project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ack! Danielle! this is sooo cute and yummy. love that turkey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)