Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Home Snow Home

Is everyone gearing up for the Holidays? Have all of their Holiday shopping done? I am excited for the upcoming Thanksgiving for a couple of reasons: 1.) I have a few extra days off from work and 2.) I'll be visiting some friends and family! Yay!
And yes I am looking forward to the food... especially the turkey gravy. LOL! I've been dreaming of mashed potatoes with yummy turkey gravy the last few days. Oh happy thoughts! :)
Now the shopping? I'm not looking forward to that at all! I have no idea what to get anyone. Nada. Zilch. Zippo! I might have to wait until everyone is in a turkey induced hypnotic state and pick their brains for a few ideas then. Hee hee. If not, I'll be making them some igloos out of snow.... okay, that is lame but I had to tie my card into this post some how! LOL!
I made this last night and it was time consuming... I fiddled with the placement of everything. I like the final result but getting there was a pain in the... well, let's just say it was a trial. ;) I stamped the penguin and igloo then colored and cut out. I added some rolling hills of snow (from naturals white cardstock) with a touch of glitter and used a piece of polka dot designer paper as the sky. Added a bit of stitching, a few embellishments and called it good to go!
Hmm... and on that note I'm off to dream of mashed potatoes with gravy.

Recipe:
Stamps: Jolly Little Winter (Unity). Paper: Summer Sunrise, White (PTI), Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy (SU!), 2008 Bitty Dot Basics designer (PTI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: White Satin ribbon, button, jute, 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, dimensionals, Scalloped scallop edger punch (EK Success), sewing machine and white thread.

3 comments:

  1. look at you rockin' the Unity! cute, cute card. great use of this set.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)