Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Life is a Journey

Do you ever just make a card and then think "Wow, I made that?!" That is how I felt after I finished this card... in particular I just really like how the little scene of the truck driving on a dirt road turned out. I think I need to use my air compressor a bit more when making cards!


Notes: I stamped the trees and then masked them before airbrushing the sky blue and the road brown. I then used Copic markers to color the trees and add additional detail (grass). Next I stamped the truck and boat on another piece of white cardstock, colored, cut out and adhered to the background to create a fun little scene.

To finish the card I added some fun Farm Fresh designer paper from October Afternoon, a few buttons, a length of double-sided satin ribbon and a bit of machine stitching. I umm... added the half circle at the top of the image to cover up a sewing boo boo. Happily I think it works and adds to the card so I'm going to say I meant to do that! :)

Do you have a favorite card that you have made? I'd love to see 'em - feel free to leave a link in the comments and when I have a few minutes to surf the net I'll check 'em out! :)
Recipe:
Stamps: Great Outdoors (Whipper Snapper Designs). Paper: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, PTI Select White, Farm Fresh designer (October Afternoon). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers. Other: buttons (Making Memories0, linen thread, Copic airbrushing system and compressor, sewing machine and white thread, satin ribbon (May Arts), dimensionals, 1 1/8" circle punch (EK Success).

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this card! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Danielle, Long time no talk to! This card is great- the colors are so warm and realistic! You crack me up that you use an air compressor for paper crafting! How've you been??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! I absolutely love the fun colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, you definitely rocked that scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)