Tuesday, December 1, 2009

All I Need to Know...

Wowsa have I ever been neglecting my blog! Which is very weird considering I do have a bunch of cards to share. Yay! Tonight I did find a few minutes to blog after cleaning, a quick shopping trip and moving a bunch of furniture to make room for my Christmas gift from my dad... a brand new China Cabinet he built for me. I LOVE it so much! It is quite spiffy and I'll have to share a few photos once I get the glass shelves and fill it with a few pretty things! Big thanks to my big bro for delivering it tonight. :)

In the meantime here is a card I made featuring the Christmas List stamp from Unity. I just realived that several of the cards I've made recently have the same color scheme: a light grayish blue, red and dark brown. What is up with that?! Oh, I have not posted the other ones but they'll be coming soon and you will see what I mean!

Quick note: for the ribbon I just overlapped the ends and tied them together with the a doubled up piece of jute. Super simple and quick and a bit flatter than if I knotted the gingham but considering the number of dimensionals that were sacrificed in the making of this card it is still quite bulky. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Christmas List, Birds of a Feather (sentiment) (Unity Stamp Co.). Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Naturals Ivory, Ski Slope Designer. Ink: Close to Cocoa Classic. Other: gingham ribbon and jute (May Arts), red buttons, Word Window punch, sponge, dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer.

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS, Danielle! I LOVE that stamp, and you color combo is just perfect...it really stands out and the buttons are an awesome touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and the color combination... can't wait to see the other cards!!! Thanks for sharing the wonderful idea for tying the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)